Calling all my fellow homestead-ians!
First off, let’s observe the obvious. Homestead-ian is not a real word. At least it wasn’t until this very moment. I’ve decided it’s totally going to be a real word now. Sure, we could just say ‘homesteader’ but I like ‘homestead-ian’. Now, onto bigger and better business.
I feel like it’s time to shake things up a little bit here on the homestead. Maybe it’s the fall weather, or the desire to get to know you better, but I think it’s time to showcase you. YES, YOU!
We’re going to be starting a bi-weekly showcase of fellow homesteads around the world – homesteads that will all specialize in different crops and livestock. Homesteads that will all look different, function different, and perform different. There are no “guidelines” in that you don’t have to live on a big piece of land and be running a herd of cows or anything like that. We’ll be showcasing homes that are cooking from scratch, or gardening, or raising animals, or farming, and everything in between. Gardening on your New York City apartment balcony? Great! Living on 500 acres in the middle of nowhere raising a few laying hens? Fantastic! No homestead is too small or too big.
But I need YOUR HELP!
Here’s how it’s going to work:
1. Participants will answer to the following questions to be featured in the post:
– Hello. Who are you? Where do you live? Where is your homestead located?
– How did it all begin for you?
– What sort of homesteading are you currently involved in?
– What’s the best part of homesteading?
– What’s the worst part of homesteading?
– What would you like your homestead to look like in 5 years?
– How has homesteading changed your view of the world?
– What’s something you wish you’d have known before you began homesteading?
2. Participants will send me at least 5 high-quality, large photos of their homesteading adventures (ie: photos of homemade bread, folded laundry, food preservation, animals, etc.) to be included in the post.
3. All information can be emailed to me at [email protected] I will *attempt* to reply to every email received. Since we will only be able to feature two homesteaders per month, it may take awhile to get through them all! Please be patient with me – I will be choosing homesteads that I think will inspire and motivate all the readers out there and may not be able to feature them all. But please know that I will read your entry, pray for all the ventures on your homestead, and love you still! Seriously. I do.
We’ll be featuring our first homestead this next Friday (assuming that I get an entry, that is) and will continue to feature one every other Friday. I think this is going to be a fun way to not only get to know YOU better, but also to open all of our eyes to the variety of ways that homesteading can manifest itself. This isn’t a one-size-fits-all venture – this is a lifestyle that is adaptable and wonderful for all!
I’m very much looking forward to getting to know you and your homestead better, my friends!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I appreciate the support and love y'all have shown this 'ol blog and will only recommend products that I use, love, or covet. The end.