A simple stroll through our homestead’s garden offers up everything we need for a delicious salad… But the real star here is our treasured dry salt cured bacon.
- Cobb Salad
- 1 head butterhead lettuce, washed, dried and torn into pieces
- 1/2 lb. chopped bacon
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled cheese
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup radish, chopped
- Basic Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs
- Cut the bacon into small chunks and fry until crisp. Remove to a plate and let cool. Put lettuce into a bowl large enough for all the ingredients. Add crumbled cheese, fried bacon bits, chopped chicken and vegetables.
- Whisk to combine ingredients.
- Drizzle salad with the vinaigrette and serve with fresh bread.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I appreciate the support and love y'all have shown this 'ol blog and will only recommend products that I use, love, or covet. The end.