Homegrown chicken is a go-to ingredient on our homestead and, of all the amazing ways to prepare it, this mouthwatering dish and its zesty (freshly squeezed!) lemon sauce is our favorite.
- 8 chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts, halved
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lb. asparagus, halved
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Pat the chicken dry and sprinkle with flour on both sides. Heat olive oil in a large pan. Gently place chicken pieces into pan. Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- Allow chicken to cook for five minutes until crisp and golden. Turn over and cook until crust forms. Remove to a baking dish and repeat with remaining chicken.
- When all the chicken has been browned, add asparagus to baking dish and place in a 275 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Add minced onion and garlic to the sauté pan. Cook 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add chicken stock, lemon juice and lemon slices. Simmer for 10 minutes, until slightly thick. Add in the butter and parsley.
- Remove chicken and asparagus from oven. To serve, pour sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with more parsley.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I appreciate the support and love y'all have shown this 'ol blog and will only recommend products that I use, love, or covet. The end.