These homestead-style lettuce wraps are an easy way to transform leftovers into a crisp, energizing new dish. Just take whatever you’ve got on hand and make it work.
- 1 ½ cups cooked shrimp, chicken, salmon or other protein
- 1 ½ cups carrot, grated
- 1 ½ cups purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 whole scallions, chopped
- 1 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Large lettuce leaves, for serving
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Miso Dressing
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. miso paste
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- In a large bowl combine the protein, carrot, purple cabbage, scallion, almonds, pepper and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Top each lettuce leaf with ¼ cup of the salad mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I appreciate the support and love y'all have shown this 'ol blog and will only recommend products that I use, love, or covet. The end.