Wanting to ditch the processed food in your pantry? Overwhelmed with where to begin? Don't worry. From Scratch has your back. With full-color photos and easy to follow step-by-step instructions, this cookbook will soon become your work horse in the kitchen. It gives tried and true recipes a whole-food twist that promote nutrient-dense ingredients, optimal digestion, and full, fresh flavors.
I love good food. Don't you? It was this love that catapulted the writing of this cookbook. Within it's pages you'll find:
- Guides to stocking your cupboards, fridge, freezers, and pantries with high-quality foods
- A breakdown of how and when to make "the buildling blocks" ever-present in a whole-foods kitchen
- Information on where to source the best food
- Recipes for breakfast, breads, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, ferments, beverages, and more!
For a PRINTED, full-color cookbook delivered to your doorstep!
NOW ON SALE for a limited time only! $10 off for an electronic, PDF-version, easily downloaded to your computer or tablet!
- Shaye of The Elliott Homestead produces an amazing resource in her cookbook, From Scratch. Her quick wit and endearing personality will inspire you to become that experienced cook you've always wanted to be. No more burned biscuits & flavorless soups here. She simplifies traditional cooking and turns it into a modern reality! The recipes range from comfort foods grandma used to make to fresh and new dishes that add variety to your palate. From Scratch will be your go-to cookbook, a timeless reference to make your meal complete.
DaNelle Wolford, Weed 'Em & Reap
- If your looking for a cookbook that is as entertaining as it is delicious, then look no further. From Scratch is a breath of fresh air when it comes to learning how to traditionally prepare and cook nutritious food. Shaye does not disappoint in her recipes and this cookbook reads like a letter from a close friend. These meals are easily prepared and yes, easily devoured. I love this cookbook and it will surely be a staple in my kitchen.
Noël McNeil, The Shepherd's Farm blog
- I cannot tell you how excited I am about this cookbook! Shaye's wonderful sense of storytelling brings this cookbook to life. And her food, oh my goodness, the food. There is not a single recipe I haven't loved. Cover to cover, this book is a gem. Savory, sweet, tangy, creative. This is a cookbook I'm proud to display in my kitchen and want to share with all my friends. I can honestly say this is my favorite cookbook that I own!
Courtney Polivka, The Polivka Family blog
- From Scratch is the quintessential cookbook of true homestead cooking! It provides a terrific guide of real food ingredients and how to source your goods. This is the perfect cookbook for the seasoned real-foodie or beginner. From Scratch turns simple and sustainable ingredients into beautiful farm-style recipes bursting with seasonal and local flavor. Shaye Elliott brought me back to yesteryear with her easy charm and delightful approach to real food. She will make you nostalgic for a time when the days were slower, the bread was homemade, and the meals were all from scratch. So don your apron and go gather some eggs because your kitchen is about to get a taste of true homestead cooking!
Olivia Scott, Life Liberty Healthiness blog
- If you're interested in cooking from scratch every single day and living to tell the tale, From Scratch is for you. Understanding the principles behind an unprocessed, traditional diet is important. But actually making it happen in the kitchen is an entirely different animal---one that Shaye serves up effortlessly, with a generous dollop of butter. She thoroughly yet concisely explains the basics of a real food kitchen and includes a list of items you'll need to prepare weekly, biweekly, and monthly to ensure your success in cooking from scratch for your family each day. The recipes are beautifully simple, contain clean, whole ingredients, and are all illustrated with high quality color photos. This cookbook stands out from other "real food" cookbooks for several reasons. (1) All grains, nuts, and legumes are properly prepared to increase nutrient availability, digestibility, and absorption. (2) The recipes included are real recipes, in the sense that you would actually attempt (and succeed) at making them on ordinary week nights. (3) It contains wonderful little extras---all necessities in the life of a real foodie---such as fermented foods and beverages. The experienced traditional foodie and the novice alike will benefit from this cookbook.
Ashley Housley, Whistle Pig Hollow blog