I love this photo for multiple reasons:
- It confirms the rumor that babies look like old men. She looks zero and eighty seven all at the same time.
- She looks plump and satisfied. Like she just ate a loaf of Anjou bread, a glass of Chianti, and an apple tart. Plump and satisfied is my favorite state to be in.
- I love that she has worried wrinkles on her forehead – because honestly, what could she possibly be worrying about? The economy? Global hunger? Fashion?
- Notice the belly button. I think the only person in the world with a belly button that sticks out more is my little sister. Maybe they could have
an bellybutton show-down. Note – if you have never seen this, ask Tye to show you sometime. It’s worth the price of admission.
- Mostly, I love that she is mine and that I get to smooch those little fat rolls and smell her head and nuzzle her all day long. And no parents have to think I am weird for smelling their baby. Because she is mine and I can smell her all I’d like.
And that, my friends, is a beautiful thing.