I am bathed. I am cleaned. I am full from a delicious dinner of homemade hummus, fresh veg from the farm, and wild trout Stuart caught in the Delta. I'd say I'm ready for this giveaway – are you?!
For a homesteader, in my personal opinion, this is one of the coolest giveaways. Ever.
Because we all know the nature of homesteads. Especially homesteads with animals.
They involve a lot of…
…well, let's just be frank here. Homesteading involves a lot of poop.
And not only animal poo, but muck. Mud. Dirt. Hay. Compost. Bugs. Rocks.
When I got in contact with Bogs a few weeks back and they offered to sponsor a giveaway for a pair of their luscious boots, I was super excited. These boots are the creme brulee of muck boots, my friends.
When I think of muck boots, I think of those $15 pairs they sell at large Ag Supply stores. The kind that my parents own about 23 pairs of, all lined up in the entry way for a quick slip-on on the way to the barn. Sure, they are very functional. They keep the poop off our pants, which is the general idea I suppose. But anyone who's spent time in those muck boots (and I've spent my fair share in them) knows how desperately uncomfortable they are. It doesn't take long before the dogs are barkin'. Ya know what I mean?
That's what's so great about Bogs. They are padded. They are insulated. They are washable. They are supportive of arches. They are glorious, my friends. Glorious.
I was even able to utilize my pair this fall to keep the danged ‘ol fire ants off me while I was out in the yard. Yep. They even work well for that.
If you want to get technical about their awesomeness, here's a few bullet points I pulled from their website:
– 100% waterproof
– Durable hand-lasted rubber over a four-way stretch inner bootie
– Constructed with 7mm waterproof Neo-Tech™ insulation
– NEW Bogs Max-Wick™ moisture-wicking lining to stay dry and comfortable
– Non-marking and self-cleaning outsole
– Aegis antimicrobial odor protection insole
– Easy pull-on handles
– Comfort rated from temperate to -40 F
You can read more on their site
These are the type of boots you'll buy once in your life and wear till you're dead. Those are my favorite types of purchases – a higher quality product that has lasting results. In our disposable culture, I think this is something to be appreciated in an item. Especially on a homestead, where money is usually tight and carefully spent.
But enough jibber-jabber. This is a giveaway, after all! Let's get to it.
Ahem. Ladies and gentlemen, The Elliott Homestead is proud to be giving away 1 pair of Bogs Classic High Boots. Winner can choose from either black or red. I got the red because, obviously, red is a stylish and sexy color. And who doesn't want to feel stylish and sexy when they're trompin' around in the pasture?
1. Leave a comment here telling me how much you love trompin' around in the pasture, cleaning out the chicken coop, or muckin' the horse stall. How will the boots be useful to YOU? (Note: click on the title of this post which will take you to the post-page, where you can leave your comment!)
2. ‘Like' The Elliott Homestead on Facebook. If you already do, leave a separate comment letting me know so. If you don't, you should. Because I always have lots of very, very critically important things to say on there. Ahem.
3. ‘Follow' The Elliott Homestead on Pinterest. If you already do, leave a separate comment letting me know so.
4. Subscribe to The Elliott Homestead RSS Feed. If you already do, leave a separate comment letting me know so.
5. Lastly, you can choose one of your favorite posts from The Elliott Homestead archives and share it with a friend, the Pinterest community, your Facebook page, etc. All the archives, popular posts, and most recent posts are located in the right hand column. Leave a separate comment letting me know you've done so. Share the love, man. This is a community!
That's five, count them, FIVE chances to enter, my friends. That increases your chances of winning by like…five times!
And trust me, you'll want to win. You could wear these boots as house slippers, they're so comfortable. And in the middle of the summer down here in LoAl, when palm meadow bugs start invading your house, you may want to wear them around your living room and such. All the easier to smoosh them with. Bleh.
The giveaway will remain open until Sunday, January 20th, with the winner being announced Monday, January 21st.