This Homemade Pasta with Clam Sauce is a wonderful combination of homestead skills with an Italian classic recipe. Authentic. Rustic. Heavenly. Enjoy.
Making pasta from scratch is easier than you think with this homestead spin on an Italian classic.
Homemade Pasta With Clam Sauce
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 pounds clams
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 dried chili minced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- Pulse flour in food processor to aerate. Turn food processor on – add eggs one at a time. Once the dough becomes a coarse meal, remove from the food processor and place onto a floured countertop.
- Knead the dough gently into a flat sheet, adding more water if necessary to combine.
- Run through a pasta machine to reach desired thickness. Slice dough sheet with spaghetti cutter or knife.
- In a large cast iron skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add clams and wine. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the clams have opened.
- Add in the dried chili and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with a pound of cooked spaghetti and garnish with lemon zest and lemon juice.
More tasty recipes:
- Cast Iron Steak with Mushrooms
- Farm Fresh Eggs Florentine
- Rustic Carrot Cake
- Oven-Fried Zucchini with Garlic Aioli Sauce