The Elliott Homestead Cooking Community is a way for you to get brand new, whole food recipes delivered to your door every month. Every recipe is designed to be simple, nutritious, whole-food centered, price conscious, and delicious. This month on the blog, we're featuring the Tomato and Eggs Breakfast we eat all the time. Enjoy! You can learn more about joining our Cooking Community here.
Pictured below is the recipe card delivered to our member's doorsteps!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (18oz) jar crushed tomatoes
- 3 jarred roasted red pepper fillets, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- 2 slices prosciutto
- Parmesan cheese and a bit of dried parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a medium pan (about 10” wide) over medium heat. Add in the olive oil, carrot, shallot, and pepper flakes. Stir and gently heat for 5 minutes, until just soft.
- Add in the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use the back of a spoon to create small wells into the tomato mixture before cracking an egg into each well.
- Slice the prosciutto and sprinkle it over the top of the eggs.
- Bake the dish for 5-7 minutes, until the eggs are just set.
- Garnish with finely grated Parmesan and a few pinches of dried parsley. Serve with crusty bread.