I'm sharing this spicy oven fries recipe with you – originally published in February 2020 for my Cooking Community members. Since then, I've made this recipe approximately 1 billion times. It seemed almost selfish to hold it back any longer.
And while I may be selfish when it comes to having enough hot water for my nightly bath, or making sure I get the latte with the most frothy milk, I'm certainly not always selfish. Especially when it comes to food.
Share the food! Feed the people! Give them spicy oven fries!
Extra spicy, please. Enjoy!
Spicy Oven Fries
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes into ¼” sticks.
- Combine the spice ingredients in a jar. Shake to combine.
- Drizzle the potato wedges with olive oil and season generously with the spice mixture to your liking (I use around ¼ cup).
- Use your hands to evenly coat the potatoes in the oil and spice.
- Divide the seasoned potatoes onto 2 rimmed baking trays in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes before carefully turning the potatoes over and baking for an additional 20 minutes or until the fries are very colored and crispy.
- Season to taste with salt. Serve with a bowl of creme fraiche or ketchup.
If I were you, I would serve these spicy oven fries alongside a tenderloin beef steak… cooked rare and sliced thin before serving. Maybe even drizzled with a little demi glaze, seasoned nicely with salt and perhaps a dash or two of heavy cream.
I'll also take a large green salad with a super tangy mustard vinegrette.
And perhaps a nice glass of Bourdeaux.
Now… who's cooking?