Blueberry and Banana Breakfast Bake
My family famous breakfast treat
- 3 large bananas peeled and sliced
- 5-7 slices of thick cut bread such as French or artisan bread… something a bit stout
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Maple syrup or honey for serving
Butter a 9×13 baking dish generously. Lay the bananas in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
Cut the bread into 1″ cubes. Layer the bread on top of the bananas.
Whip together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt.
Pour the mixture of the bread and bananas.
Layer on the blueberries. Chop up the butter and sprinkle on the top.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until the top is golden and a bit crusty.
To serve, dust with a bit more cinnamon and a little drizzle of maple syrup.