Oh you guys are going to love this. LOVE THIS. Lovie lovie lovie. It’s the best organic chapstick recipe!
So easy. So inexpensive. So free of nasties. I love this.
Don’t read this if you are my sisters or my Mom, because this is a stocking stuffer I made for you. So please ignore.
I recently paid $4 for a tube of all natural organic chapstick. Ridiculous, I know. I’m a fool. Then, like a sign from above, Lindsay at Passionate Homemaking posted a recipe for a homemade variety. Just my style. Whoop whoop!
Best Organic Chapstick Recipe
– 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons organic shea butter
– 2 tablespoons beeswax
The instructions couldn’t be simpler. Melt the beeswax, then add the shea butter and coconut oil until melted.
The mixture will solidify as it cools. We topped these off after they started to cool, as the liquid shrinks down a wee bit.
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic shea butter
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 3-5 drops of essential oils, your choice
- A dozen chapstick containers
- Melt the beeswax, then add the shea butter and coconut oil until melted.
- Add the essential oils of your choice.
- Once melted, use a medicine dropper (I used a turkey baster!) to put the melted oil into the containers.
- The mixture will solidify as it cools. We topped these off after they started to cool, as the liquid shrinks down a wee bit.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I appreciate the support and love y'all have shown this 'ol blog and will only recommend products that I use, love, or covet. The end.