Well hey there! Long time no… talk? I feel like we've had some silence between us while we were on vacation last week and I am happy to be back in the blogging saddle once again.
- 12 to 16 apples peeled and cored
- 1 cinnamon stick optional
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice optional
- 5 tablespoons of rapadura or sweetener of choice optional
- Peel and core the apples. I used a hand peeler.
- Dice up the apples into 1 inch pieces. No need to be precise.
- Combine all the apple chunks and the optional cinnamon, lemon juice, and sweetener in your crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- After the cooking period, simply use a potato masher or wooden spoon to stir the apples and break up any leftover chunks. If you want a completely chunk-free applesauce, you could easily use a hand-immersion blender to smooth it out.
For other great meal ideas, no matter what your dietary restrictions, check out the meal planning service I use: Real Plans.