I've been trying to keep my head on straight with all the current happenings around the homestead, but I must admit, I still feel a little scatter brained.
Or do they call that pregnancy-brained?
Regardless, my current and random state-of-mind is causing me to share a few points with you instead of a well designed and though-out post.
So you're welcome in advance.
Sometimes I wish I was one of those super organized bloggers that always had a plan. A well documented and researched post. Something of vital importance to share. Instead, in true Elliott Homestead fashion, I bring you the following information:
1. My cervix is currently 2 cm dilated and 40% effaced. How's that for detailed information. They also estimate that the baby is going to only be around 5 lbs. by the time it makes it's appearance, which means we'll have another little peanut on our hands (if you remember meaningless information such as this, Georgia only weighed 5 lbs. 1 oz. when she was born). See how little she was?
But I'm thinkin' about squishin' a baby out and five pounds doesn't sound as bad as ten, so I'll take it.
2. I'm still battling that cold I told you about last week. It's just hangin' on for dear life.
I've done plenty of natural treatments to help encourage healing, but nothing has quite relieved it completely. The cold has caused me to battle a nasty headache for about three days and after multiple attempts at fighting it sans medicine, I finally found some relief. Want to know how?
I rubbed peppermint oil on my temples.
Twenty minutes later, I felt so much better. So I did it again. A few hours later and the headache is still gone. I think I'll do it again after my bath, just for kicks and giggles.
Peppermint oil is common for encouraging healing from headaches, but I'd never heard of it until yesterday, so I thought I'd share.
It sure doesn't do anything for my nasty nasal congestion, but I'll just take it one thing at a time for now. I'm praying for complete relief before baby arrives. Labor + nasal congestion = no bueno.
3. Somehow, I just realized that my delicious Samosa recipe never made it onto the Recipe Page. Sad! I made them again tonight and was reminded of just how incredibly fantastic they are.
What I'm saying is, you have to make these.
It's not an option.
Plus, the recipe makes enough for leftovers, which means that you won't have to make lunch the next day. Booya.
4. And speaking of cooking, I've been using the following recipes to stock up a bit before baby arrives:
– Traditional Soaked Whole Wheat Bread
– Soaked English Muffins
– Crockpot Yogurt (I forgot how gooood this was!)
– Soaked Beans
– Beef Bone Stock
– Chicken Stock
I also really have been wanting to make these:
– Cocoa Coconut Truffles
Soon. I shall make them soon. They are the perfect protein bite to have around for when times get crazy.
Maybe some of these too.
5. And further speaking of food, can you even believe that Thanksgiving is next week!? How did that happen?!
Praise God, I am not having to plan Thanksgiving. Our dear friends Kate and Matt invited us to spend the holiday with them at their home. This will be my first Thanksgiving away from home — ever. I may or may not have an emotional breakdown. I also may or may not be in labor.
It just doesn't seem time for all that holiday hustle to begin.
Maybe it's because it's still so warm-ish here. Birds are still chirping. Neighbors are still watering their lawns. Flowers are still blooming. Fruit is still ripening.
Isn't that just crazy?
Regardless, I suppose it is that time. What are you and yours doing for Thanksgiving?
6. I am averaging about two bubble baths and cups of hot chocolate per day. I take great comfort in both of these.
I suppose that's it for the moment. All the randomness that was once floating around my brain is now nicely organized into this post. And who says I'm not productive?!
Speaking of which, I do believe it's time to change into sweatpants, crawl into bed, and lazily rest away the last bit of this cold. It is 7:30 p.m. after all. That's, like, bed time.
That's how girlfriend gets stuff done. Falling asleep at 7:30 watchin' Sherlock Holmes.