This irresistible recipe for Cast Iron Steak and Mushrooms might make you throw away your grill! Sautéing in a cast iron skillet will change the way you prepare and enjoy your steaks!
- 4 New York Strip steaks (about 2 pounds total)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 5 cups wild mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Pat steaks dry, generously salt and pepper each side. Drizzle olive oil into a large cast iron skillet. When the oil is just starting to smoke, add steaks to sear. Cook for 4 minutes per side until crusted for medium-rare. Remove the steaks from the skillet and transfer to a warm oven to rest.
- In another skillet, melt the butter. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant. While garlic is cooking, gently break apart or roughly chop mushrooms. Add mushrooms to melted butter and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until slightly golden in color. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Remove steaks from the oven, transfer to a plate and carefully spoon the cooked mushrooms on top. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I appreciate the support and love y'all have shown this 'ol blog and will only recommend products that I use, love, or covet. The end.