Sure, our dairy cow produced up to five gallons of fresh milk a day, but you only need two cups to whip up this simply decadent dessert.
Simple Chocolate Mousse
- 8 oz. high quality dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups cold cream
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch sea salt
- Garnishes: Berries powdered sugar, shaved chocolate, pistachios, maple syrup etc.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler. Meanwhile, whip the egg whites with a pinch of sea salt until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Whip the cream until fluffy and stiff.
- Gently fold in half of the chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Then gently fold in the other half of the chocolate. Lastly, gently fold in the whipped egg whites.
- When combined, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Garnish with fresh berries, nuts, shaved chocolate, maple syrup, additional whipped cream etc.