These homestead-style lettuce wraps are an easy way to transform leftovers into a crisp, energizing new dish. Just take whatever you’ve got on hand and make it work.
Fresh Lettuce Wraps
- 1 ½ cups cooked shrimp chicken, salmon or other protein
- 1 ½ cups carrot grated
- 1 ½ cups purple cabbage chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 3 whole scallions chopped
- 1 cup toasted almonds chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Large lettuce leaves for serving
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. miso paste
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- In a large bowl combine the protein, carrot, purple cabbage, scallion, almonds, pepper and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Top each lettuce leaf with ¼ cup of the salad mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.