The Elliott Homestead Cooking Community is a way for you to get brand new, whole food recipes delivered to your door every month. Every recipe is designed to be simple, nutritious, whole-food centered, price conscious, and delicious. This month on the blog, we're featuring Curried Lamb Chops with Jasmine Rice. Enjoy! You can learn more about joining our Cooking Community here.
Pictured below is the recipe card delivered to our member's doorsteps!
CURRIED LAMB CHOPS WITH JASMINE RICE
For the Lamb
- 2.5 pounds Lamb chop
- 5 tbsp green curry sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the Rice
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp dehydrated wholecane sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 cups Jasmine rice
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- Combine the lamb, curry paste, olive oil, and salt in a bowl. Use your hands to massage the curry and oil into the lamb chops evenly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in the refrigerator overnight to marinade.
- Add the water, salt, sugar, vinegar, and rice together into a large pot with a lid. Bring the mixture to a low simmer, cover the pot, and cook the rice for 10-15 minutes until tender. Fluff the rice with a fork and let it sit in the covered pot.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When it begins to smoke, add the lamb chops to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Add the mint and green onions to the rice. Toss to combine. Add the rice to a serving bowl. Place the lamb chops on top of the rice and serve. Garnish with additional green onions, if desired.