Yes, I do make holiday candy – but you won't find any white sugar in my kitchen. Instead, you'll find it full of natural sweeteners. Today, I'm sharing with you my favorite honey taffy recipe I make for the holidays. Enjoy!
Honey and Cream Taffy
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Small pinch sea salt
- Pinch baking soda
- Combine the honey, cream, and salt together in a saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to 280 degrees without stirring.
- Add the baking soda into the taffy and stir quickly to combine.
- Transfer the taffy to a buttered baking dish. Allow the taffy to cool until you can touch it comfortably.
- With buttered hands, lift the taffy from the dish and begin stretching it and folding it over itself. Keep doing this until the taffy is light and taffy-like.
- Use a buttered knife to cut the taffy into small pieces. Top each piece with a bit of sea salt, if desired.
- Wrap each piece in a small piece of parchment paper.