Homestead living means having the best breakfasts ever, and this deliciously easy to follow recipe will have you craving eggs any time of the day.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups kale or other greens, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Sea salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add flour and brown for 1-2 minutes. Add milk and cream - simmer to thicken for about ten minutes, stirring frequently. Once thickened, add Parmesan, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper. After cheese has melted, add chopped kale and stir for five minutes over low heat.
- Use the back of a spoon, make four small wells in sauce. Crack an egg into each well. Cover the pan and allow the eggs to slowly cook until white on top, about 7-10 minutes.
- Spoon on to plates and serve with fresh bread.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I appreciate the support and love y'all have shown this 'ol blog and will only recommend products that I use, love, or covet. The end.