The Elliott Homestead Cooking Community is a way for you to get brand new, whole food recipes delivered to your door every month. Every recipe is designed to be simple, nutritious, whole-food centered, price conscious, and delicious. This month on the blog, we're featuring a special honey roasted hazelnut and beet salad. Enjoy! You can learn more about joining our Cooking Community here.
Pictured below is the recipe card delivered to our member's doorsteps!
HONEY ROASTED HAZELNUT AND BEET SALAD
- 2 pounds beets peeled and sliced into .” rounds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp good dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Large pinch sea salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup feta, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the beets, honey, olive oil, dijon, white wine vinegar, and sea salt. Use your hands to combine as best as possible – the honey can be a bit sticky.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle the top with the hazelnuts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until deeply golden and sticky.
- Garnish with the feta, just before serving.