Fresh zucchini is a homestead staple, and we've turned this wonderfully crisp, hearty vegetable into a savory, healthy alternative to french fries. This Oven Fried Zucchini with Garlic Aioli is a delicious meal for the family. Enjoy.
Oven Fried Zucchini with Garlic Aioli
Oven Fried Zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 zucchinis cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup organic flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Few leaves fresh basil or herb of choice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 cup avocado oil
Oven Fried Zucchini
- Drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil. Place in a 450-degree oven to heat.
- In a bowl combine ground almonds and Parmesan cheese. In a separate bowl, crack and whisk the eggs. In a third bowl, place the flour.
- Working with a few zucchini pieces at a time, add them to the flour to coat – shake off any excess. Dunk into eggs then dredge in the almond and Parmesan mixture.
- Place the zucchini slices onto the hot baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once golden, remove from the oven and transfer to a plate. Serve with garlic aioli.
- Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and basil in a blender. Turn to high to emulsify.
- While blending, slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- When mixture is thick and smooth, transfer to dish and serve with zucchini.
More of my recipes:
Nicole @Little Blog on the Homestead
Zucchini…Garlic…yes please 😀
You know a recipe is gold when you keep on eating even if its too hot!
Can’t wait to try it 🙂
I adore that you kept the pan dropping and mouth scalding in there. Love your new videos!
April @ April Tells All
The pan drop. That is exactly what would have happened to me. Can’t wait to try these. 🙂
Can’t wait to try. Always running out of ideas for zucchini to make it interesting, we usually just grill it or make doodles.
hahaha, this is my favorite so far! I love that you didn’t edit out the pan drop or the too-hot first bite. (Although I hope you didn’t burn your tongue!) You are hilarious. Thanks for being real. 🙂
And oh man, this looks SO good! I gotta get me some zucchin!
Love your video! After reading the comments, I too love the fact that you didn’t edit out the bloopers 🙂 Keep on keeping it real, Shaye! That’s life, right? The zucchini looks amazing…
You know you’re finally an adult when you can look at a recipe like this and your mouth starts watering. My mother used to force slimy zucchini on us as kids and I’ve hated it ever since (except in zucchini bread of course) but one look at the photo and a single watching of your video and now I MUST try this! You make zucchini sound amazing! Thank you!
Quick question. Could Panko crumbs be used as a substitute for the ground almonds for people with nut allergies?
Love your videos! Bought your book – fantastic. Thanks for this wonderful zucchini recipe. (and the carrot cake. yum.) I’m looking forward to many more of your recipes!! You are a breath of fresh air. Thank you.
I made a modified version of this, but credited you for the inspiration! 🙂 http://copperkettlefarms.com/recipe-fried-zucchini-with-basil-garlic-aioli/
Great recipe tried last night was big hit with my husband.
Could you use almond flour or is it better to use ground that are still chunky?
Can’t wait to make this looks so good I agree you are a breath of fresh air I really enjoy watching your videos especially the cooking I’m trying to get one of your books soon I also like the way t
You braid your hair I tried but mine falls out so cute